Skip to content
- The Doberman has a great deal of energy and needs a lot of exercise.
- This breed can be protective, so don’t be surprised when they assume the role of household guardian.
- The Dobie will assume the alpha role in your household if you’re not a strong leader. Early, consistent training is critical to establish your role as pack leader.
- The Dobie is sensitive to cold weather and needs adequate shelter in winter (they like to be in the house next to the fireplace).
- The Doberman Pinscher is a family dog and shouldn’t be left alone. They thrive when they’re included in family activities.
- The Doberman has gained a reputation as being vicious. Even though your Doberman may have a sweet personality, neighbors and strangers may be afraid of them.
- To get a healthy dog, never buy a puppy from an irresponsible breeder, puppy mill, or pet store.